Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Vacation...

We had some much fun over the Christmas holiday! We got to see all our family and even some of our good friends that we hadn't seen in a while. There was a lot of driving over the vacation, but it was all absolutely worth it. We left right before Oklahoma got hit with a blizzard, and we were so glad we missed it by a day!

Here are some pictures of the kids over the Christmas vacation.
I of course am a little biased... but I think the boys both look adorable in the Santa hat!!

Gibson got a Lighting McQueen 4 wheeler for Christmas from Santa, and it was an absolute HIT! He loves it and drives it around the house with his legs up in the air as fast as it will go! It is so terribly cute, I will catch it on the camcorder as soon as I get it back from leaving it in Texas!
Chad actually seemed somewhat interested in unwrapping gifts... I didn't think he would care at all. It was precious seeing him react to his new toys. He is already getting so big!
Chad and his second cousin Avery are only 2 weeks apart... Avery is older but Chad definitely outweighs her... heck he outweighs some 1 year olds! I think we have a VERY big boy on our hands. Aren't the two of them just precious? I loved getting to finally meet Avery over Christmas... she is absolutely adorable, and so sweet and cuddly. I wanted to hold her more! And her little velvet skirt was too cute! :)
Our little family with my Great Grandmother... She is over 90 years old... She is SUCH an amazing woman!!
Another picture with Great Grandmother, along with my sister Jennifer and her son Jaxon, and my brother Steven. My mom mentioned how funny it is that all the little kids are not in the best of moods at this point in the visit. If they are even looking at the camera then they aren't happy about it. hahaha... and I love Jaxon's face... he looks like we were FORCING him to smile. :)
Chadder Bug during his bath in the sink... (I got a photo shop over Christmas and I have loved trying it out!)
Another bath time picture of my precious little Bug!
If everything else we got for Christmas wasn't enough... Gerod (my wonderful hubby) got me a trip to NYC then a 7 day cruise of the Easter Caribbean!!! So excited about that!!
After getting back from Christmas Gerod and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary! Can you believe we have already been married for 5 years? We went out on a date... kid free thanks to our amazing baby sitter... to Carinos for dinner and then a movie. The movie was not as good as I expected (Invictus), we just couldn't get into it. So when we came home we threw on some pjs and curled up on the couch with a glass of wine and watched Gran Torino... AWESOME movie, minus some of the language. Needless to say it was a great anniversary with my amazing husband!!
Needless to say we had a wonderful holiday! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... ours was wonderful!

No comments: