Friday, September 11, 2009

Do you remember?

8 years ago today was a tragic day for all Americans. 9/11 is a day I will never forget.

I will always remember exactly where I was when I found out about the first plane crashing into the first tower. I remember waking up and my mom telling me of the first plane, and all I could think was "Where are the twin towers?" and "Why hadn't I heard or thought of them before?". You could say I just wasn't well informed about the trade center, but that sky line is now forever ingrained in my mind.
After going to school, and getting to my first class of the morning the second plane crashed in front of our eyes on the television screen. My first period class my senior year in high school was not one you would think of as being quiet, but I think you would have been able to hear a pin drop that morning. None of us knew what to think, or what all this meant.
At lunch all the guys talked about the possibility of joining the military, possibilities of war, and so many other possibilities of further attacks.
We were SCARED. We were HURTING. We were TERRIFIED for what the future would hold.
But we live in a great country, and we all pulled together like no one could have imagined. I firmly believe that we will get by... and that no one will ever forget what happened on 9/11/2001.
I pray for all the families who lost someone that day. I pray for all the heroes that saved someone's life that day. I pray for all the New Yorker's who will never get the images they saw that day out of their minds. And I pray for America, and the healing that we have been through. We can stand tall and say that we all worked together in one of our Country's darkest hours.
Today, and Everyday.... I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

No comments: