Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday...

Alright, so I finally decided to do something good for myself and my body.
I JOINED A GYM!!
On Friday of last week I joined a Lady of America gym that is amazingly only one mile from my house. Not only is the gym close but it also has childcare... SCORE!! This means I can work out during the day while Gerod is at work.
They have tons of classes to choose from including: Step, Zumba, Pilates, Spin and more! I am so excited about having the ability to take classes because that is where I typically feel like I get the best workout.
Another plus is that I will get 3 personal trainer sessions, my first of which was Monday.
I knew I was in "not so good" shape, but I didn't think I would hurt as badly as I did Monday night. After my first personal trainer session I took a Yoga class to relax and de-stress.
Tuesday I did cardio for over an hour, using both the elliptical machine as well as the treadmill.
Today I warmed up on the treadmill for 10 min, then did the same weight training workout the trainer taught me on Monday. I felt like throwing up afterwards, and thought my legs might collapse beneath me! WOW! I am WAY out of shape.
I am very proud to be back at the gym, working out, and getting back in shape. I know it will take some time, but eventually I will get the body I want through hard work and determination.
As far as updating weight loss... I was told by the trainer to wait to take my measurements and weigh myself for once every month. I wont be able to weigh in again until November 5th. :)
Here is to another GREAT week of workouts!!!

No comments: