Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Swim Lessons

So Gibson started swim lessons at the YMCA last Tuesday... wow! Probably not the best idea for big ole prego, otherwise known as "ME". Gibson had a blast though! We sang songs in the pool, passed around a ball, played with toys, and learned how to jump into the water. Even though I had a ton of fun with "little man" I decided it was just too much for me to be doing alone...
that's where Gerod comes in...
He has taken over the parent part of the parent and me swim class! I think Gibson has a little more fun with daddy anyway because he is a lot sillier in the water than mommy is.
Hopefully by the time summer gets here Gibson will be acclimated enough with the water that we can go swimming a lot! He actually wont learn to swim in this class... just getting used to being in the pool, and having fun!
I have to admit I am jealous that its not me in the pool, but with the way my back has been feeling lately its just not worth it, especially later in the day!
We have two more weeks of swim class, and I think Gibson will have a blast the rest of the time! :)

2 comments:

The Ratpack said...

haha because Daddy can get his hair wet - good idea! Looks like so much fun!

Megan and David said...

Fun! I bet Gibson loves being in the water.