Thursday, June 10, 2010

First day of school!

I have been looking forward to Gibson finally starting Mothers Day Out, but I never thought I would react the way I did this morning. I woke up extra early, with a headache and a stomach ache... I was thinking about taking Gibson to his first day of "school", well MDO, and I was sad. I didn't think I would feel sad about taking him... I mean its only 5 hours and he will get to play and make friends, and heck I will get a bit of a break and actually be able to get some things done. But as I pulled into the church I started getting more and more upset, and it didn't help matters when I brought him to his class and he cried as I walked out the door. I got to my car and put Chad in his car seat and started the engine and then just sat there in the driver seat crying my eyes out, hoping that no one that was walking by might see me breaking down. It was a whole lot harder than I could have ever imagined.
I am sure once he starts pre-school this fall, and then kindergarten that it will be even worse.
On the other hand, it is a BIG day for my BIG boy! I am so excited to see him growing and developing, I didn't dream that he would grow up so quickly.
Here is Gibson right before we left for "school". Doesn't he look cute? Backpack (or as Gibson calls it... PaPack) on and ready to go Mom!
He was waiting by the door... apparently I wasn't going fast enough.
I took him to get a donut (his favorite breakfast), before I dropped him off for the day. I sure hope that he enjoys his day, and that I can get some things accomplished before we head to Dallas tomorrow to meet up with Gigi and Papaw!
I love you sweet boy! Mommy cant believe how grown up you are!

No comments: