Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello World!

So I haven't been blogging for a while... but you will soon learn why. I had my second baby boy on July 17th at 9:14am.
Everything started in the later part of Thursday evening, July 16th... I was to be induced the next morning at approx 7:30am, but I started having some pains that seemed more painful than most previous contractions. I thought they were just the normal Braxton Hicks contractions that I had been getting for quite some time, and they would go away before too long. Gerod's parents and my Mom had all come into town for the birth the next day, but instead of us heading to the hospital at 7:00, I went in around 3:00am after getting regular contractions (about 4 to 6 min apart) at around 2:00am. Once we got to the hospital we found out I was already dilated to a 7, and I was concerned that I wouldn't have time to get the epidural, but the anesthesiologist was wonderful! By 9:14am Chad Austin was born, weighing in at 9lbs 13oz, and was 21 1/2 inches long. BIG BABY!!

The following are pictures of Chad's birth-day!

Gerod, my amazing Doctor, and Chad Presenting: Chad Austin
Holding my little man for the first time
Daddy, Mommy, and Chad
Daddy gave Chad his first bath
I think he could possibly be a
linebacker at only one day old!
I cant wait to see Chad and Gibson interact together as the days, and weeks, and years go by. I am sure they are going to have many great times, and create many more great memories.
Gerod and I are so blessed to have two amazing little boys in our lives, and we cant wait for what is in store for our little family!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Chad is so big and so cute!