Monday, April 19, 2010

Our trip to Tejas...

We went down to Texas this past weekend because I have a brand new Jeweler in my Premier Designs family and I had to go do her training show. Not only was the show a success, but we also had the best excuse to visit family and friends while we were in town.
I definitely got my fix of "REAL" Mexican food this weekend, we went to Jorges (where I saw an old high school girlfriend and her daughter), Rosa's (one of my favorites) where we met up with another girlfriend I have known since probably kindergarten, and her husband and two kids, and then had Jumburrito for breakfast on Sunday morning!! :) I miss all my little spots in good ole' Midland!!
We stayed with my parents, and Gibson got to chase his cousin Jaxon around all weekend. He had an absolute BLAST and was exhausted on the ride home last night. We also had Gerod's parents over for a cookout at my parents house on Saturday night which was again a lot of fun, and really good food.
Its so nice to go home to see family, we miss them all so much!
We are glad to be back at home in our own beds, but man do I have laundry and cleaning to do now. I guess I better get on that ;)

By the way, although I took my camera with me, I took ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURES!! I know pretty crazy for me, but needless to say it was a busy weekend.

This weekend we have bachelor/bachelorette parties for some friends of ours, and we have a sitter!!! Praise the Lord! I am excited for a girls night out. Then next weekend we have their wedding! :) I still need to go buy a cute dress but I have plenty of time right?\

Next Monday the 26th is the "Tee it up for Emma" tournament that Gerod has been planning along with three other guys... this is to benefit our best friends daughter who was diagnosed with Leukemia back on April 5, 2009... she is now in remission, but doctor/medical bills are really expensive... if you want to help out in any way please let me know!!
We are SO excited for this event to finally be here!! I promise to take pictures and post them. If you want to hear more about Emma's story you can check out her BLOG that her mommy (and my bestie) writes for her.

No comments: